Thursday, November 15, 2007

About this blog...

Dear Parent,

This blog is about you. I am a parent as well. I am sick and tired of your kids bad behavior. Unruly children disrupting other diners in restaurants. Neighborhood bullies. Kids who kill animals. Kids who kill other kids. Kids who terrorize their classroom. Are your children addicted to TV, computers, video games, drugs, alcohol?

Where are you, Dear Parent? Are you yakking on the phone to all your friends? Are you on the computer, oblivious to your children? Are you working to buy more stuff to give your kids to keep them out of your hair? Here's your clue phone ringing: They don't NEED more stuff. They need YOU. They need a routine, structure, and parents with the balls to just say NO.

Your kids need chores. They need to know what responsibility is. They need parents who are adults and make the decisions. They need a normal bedtime, not out running the strets at all hours.

You have to work to buy groceries, pay the rent/mortgage? Fine. This blog is not about bashing parents. THIS IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL! While you work, do you know where your kids are? Are the supervised? Do they have chores, are they doing their homework? Or are their brains being addled by electronic media?

I know that many parents are not raising their kids properly. For those who are doing it right, this blog is not about you, so save your umbrage. How do I know that many parents are not raising their kids right? Keep reading this blog and you will see what I mean. Stay tooned...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are the childfree welcome to post comments?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childfree

(We probably will anyway; I'm just curious.)

Anonymous Parent said...

Certainly! Thanks for asking. As long as it is appropriate...no "f" words. The same rule applies to everyone, childfree or not. I expect to tick off some parents. Means I've hit a nerve.

Thanks for reading and for commenting.

Anonymous Parent

Anonymous said...

I wish more pahrunts would read this. I have a few in mind... some even related to myself. Good for you, more of us need to speak up.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, awesome, incredible job! I love it!! I stumbled across your blog on a CF board I lurk on and I have now found a new blog to read, it's as if you're in my head!!! Keep it up!! You Rock!!

Anonymous said...

So many bad parents are quick to label anyone who criticizes their bad parenting as Child-Free people who don't know what it's like to raise a kid.

So good for you, a parent yourself, who has the guts to criticize the bad ones. When people allow their kids to become monsters in public, everyone, Child-Free and other parents alike have to put up with them.