Sunday, December 2, 2007

More dumb questions parents ask...

"Don't you think that you should share that with Susie?"

If Bratney thought that she should share, she would share. Sharing is something that one teaches children from early on. Children do not wake up thinking "Today, I think I'll share!"

"How many times do I have to tell you...?"

One should do it. But parents tell and tell and tell, and Rotney refuses to listen. Then the parents shrug their shoulders and say "I tried." Mule muffins! Dear parent, grow a spine. Don't pretend that you are telling your child anything. You're just making noise. You need to act. Tell once, at the most. Then act. Be the parent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of John Rosemond's column? Don't you think that he's a bit too harsh?

Anonymous Parent said...

I think that he's the "shock jock" of parenting, as opposed to the "schlock docs."

A good shock is what many parents need today.

I don't have to contend with editors, so my posts may be even more shocking to some parents than Rosemond's column.

~Anonymous Parent